Friday, April 1, 2011

Just a few more pictures some cool aid stations.

I had mentioned earlier that I planned on running Leadville again this year to stay eligible for Hardrock.  When I went to register it had filled.  I rushed around looking for another race that that was not full on the Hardrock list of qualifier races and settled on the Bear 100.  It was about the only one available.  It starts near Ogden, Utah and ends somewhere in Idaho.  I also put my name on the wait list for the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 but I was 40 or 50 down the list so I really had no hope of getting in.  Then I go the email Saturday that they had opened enough additional slots that runners on the waiting list could get in.  I immediately registered because I have read that it is an absolutely beautiful course with spectacular views of Lake Tahoe.

I starting reading about the race and found  some good pictures of their aid stations.  Here are a few.

The Tunnel Creek Aid Station - Miles 11,17.3, 35.3, 61.2, 67.5 and 85.5.  The way that works is the course is shaped like a "Q tip" with an appendage of to the west.  Tunnel Creek is located right in the middle of the "Q tip" stick at the appendage, a 6.3 mile loop called "Red House."  The course is 50 miles, so two loops.  Maybe this will make it simpler.  Here is a link to the course map.  Tahoe Rim Trail 100 Map.

The Spooner Lake Aid station at the start/finish and mile 50.

Bull Wheel Aid Station atop Diamond Hill Ski Resort at mile 20.3 and 70.5.  This one is "Basic."

One of the reasons I decided to change races is because I had read how beautiful the course is.  I have also heard the trails are very runnable.  Below are a three photos from along the Tahoe Rim Trail.

Lake Tahoe from the trail.

Two views of Mariette Lake



No comments:

Post a Comment